Get your Home Sold Quickly for the most Money!
Everyone wants to buy a clean and beautifully staged home. That’s why home builder showcase their homes in a perfectly and professionally staged model home.
Home buyers fall in love with what they see. They don’t always see what could be. They may not have extra money to buy new carpet or fresh paint.
To maximize your home sale profit, make your home shine and show of it’s best assets.
Below is a short guide to get you started.
Staging Your Home Checklist
Outside: The Power of Curb Appeal
- Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
- Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
- Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
- Sweep sidewalks, porch and driveway.
- Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
- Put all toys away.
- Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof shingles.
- Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave No Trace Clean everything!
- Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards – everything.
- De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home’s appeal.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
- Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
- Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
- Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
- Polish wood floors.
- Add fresh flowers or plants, but don’t overdo it.
- Maximize your home’s natural light by opening blinds and shades.
- Do a smell check and address any odors.
- Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
I can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of our Triangle area buyers.